Many thanks to guests who have taken the time to make comments on Trip Advisor.
- "Everything was splendid! We stay in B&Bs all over and I think this has been our most favorite! The rooms are beautiful and the breakfasts are outstanding! The next time we're in Ottawa, we'll definitely stay here. Thanks for everything."
- It’s close to downtown. A trip down memory lane. Pictures of people not in a hurry and art hanging on walls throughout the multi-level house. A stay here provides a window into the past, when living was about details: the lavished mouldings in each room, the warmth of wood everywhere, heat radiators when steam was king, furniture you keep for generations. A stay at this B&B avoids exposure to furniture made of glued sawdust, of straight white walls without soul, of spaces devoid of a loving past. This large character house will not deceive. In addition, the breakfast is as overgenerous as the history of the house. Loved the waterfall, the plants, and the tree in the house. Was able to walk to work each day and saved over 60% from staying at the recommended conference hotel while meeting fellow travelers. Free parking provided a nice touch."
- "Sincere and heartfelt thanks for your hospitality this past weekend! It was a delight to meet you, and an utter joy to be your guest at the King Edward!"
- "Hi Richard and hello from sunny Queensland in Australia. I have arrived home from my holiday in Canada, and must say that the time spent at your B & B was one of the highlights of my trip. You have an amazing home there (who would want to stay in any other accommodation!). I want to thank you sincerely for making my stay there an experience that I will always fondly remember. I am forever telling my friends and showing them the heaps of photos that I took of your beautiful rooms."
- "I just wanted to thank you for your hospitality during my stay at your B&B. Your home and personality combined to make my stay pleasant and enjoyable. I stayed at several B&B's while on vacation in Ontario and Quebec and had to let you know that your B&B is heads above the rest! I do not hesitate to recommend your B&B. Thanks again for everything! "
- "We've stayed in multiple bed and breakfasts over the years and Auberge The King Edward was one of the best. The inn itself is lovely, clean and beautifully furnished. My husband could not stop taking pictures of the staircase and all the beautiful antiques! But no bed and breakfast is complete without the host and Richard is the best around, he's not only a great cook but he's also a great tour guide. He knew our stay in Ottawa was short so he gave us all the "must dos" therefore we were able to make the most out of our visit, and with everything in walking distance, we were able to get our exercise too! We travelled with another couple and I can honestly say that all of us recommend the Auberge The King Edward."
- "This is one the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in, and certainly had the most charming and interesting host. Richard is a multi-talented connoisseur of art and antiques. Be sure to examine the superb paintings and photographs on the ground floor, and ask to see his travelogue of India, which highlights Richard's gift as a photographer. Breakfast was excellent, our bed was comfortable, the water was hot for our showers. The house is close to everything downtown, and best of all, parking was free. Thanks very much for your hospitality kind sir, we shall return..."
Over 600 comments from past guests can be found the following website of TripAdvisor.