Many thanks to guests who have taken the time to make comments on Trip Advisor.
- "From the moment you walk thru the black wrought iron gates you will be transported to magical place with lush gardens and picturesque Victorian elegance. Richard could not be a more attentive, informative and gracious host; Sandy ever the loyal companion to both house and host. This is a masterclass on how B&B should be done; you will not be disappointed."
- "Booked Auberge for a 2 night stay for a very quick trip to Ottawa with my daughter. Fantastic location to Byward Market, Rideau Centre and OC Transpo. Clean, comfortable and lovely breakfast. Richard was helpful and offered practical and accurate information about the area and amenities. Breakfast was excellent fresh fruit, eggs, selection of cheeses, fresh baked goods. The house itself is just stunning. You can tell when you walk down the staircase the layout was intended for the host or hostess to make a grand entrance so guests could see them descend to whatever gathering was taking place. Loved the balcony with table chairs and patio umbrella. Back deck makes you feel like you are far away from the main road out front."
- It’s close to downtown. A trip down memory lane. Pictures of people not in a hurry and art hanging on walls throughout the multi-level house. A stay here provides a window into the past, when living was about details: the lavished mouldings in each room, the warmth of wood everywhere, heat radiators when steam was king, furniture you keep for generations. A stay at this B&B avoids exposure to furniture made of glued sawdust, of straight white walls without soul, of spaces devoid of a loving past. This large character house will not deceive. In addition, the breakfast is as overgenerous as the history of the house. Loved the waterfall, the plants, and the tree in the house. Was able to walk to work each day and saved over 60% from staying at the recommended conference hotel while meeting fellow travelers. Free parking provided a nice touch."
- "Richard is the kindest host I ever had, full of information, friendly, approachable, and the place is stunning. The house takes you back to a time in history, it is extremely well decorated and his personality and all his travel adventures make is for a great experience"
- "What a wonderful B&B at a fantastic location in Ottawa to get to know the City. The loveliness of the home and the beauty of the gardens are unsurpassed. The host did EVERYTHING in his power to make us feel welcome and help us during our visit. He left nothing to chance and had detailed information and instructions about having the best experiences in Ottawa whenever we asked. I have rarely felt as welcomed as we did here. We adored our room and its phenomenal outside private patio off the 2nd floor. We stayed long enough to see into the other room, and it was just as nice and had a terrific outside private patio. The bathroom and room were spotless and well appointed. The breakfast was excellent each morning with everything we could have possibly desired. In addition, and importantly, this B&B provides all of this while being incredibly affordable. It can not be beaten and we are looking forward to returning soon to stay enjoyed B&B and Ottawa again in the near future"
- "I just wanted to thank you for your hospitality during my stay at your B&B. Your home and personality combined to make my stay pleasant and enjoyable. I stayed at several B&B's while on vacation in Ontario and Quebec and had to let you know that your B&B is heads above the rest! I do not hesitate to recommend your B&B. Thanks again for everything! "
- "We've stayed in multiple bed and breakfasts over the years and Auberge The King Edward was one of the best. The inn itself is lovely, clean and beautifully furnished. My husband could not stop taking pictures of the staircase and all the beautiful antiques! But no bed and breakfast is complete without the host and Richard is the best around, he's not only a great cook but he's also a great tour guide. He knew our stay in Ottawa was short so he gave us all the "must dos" therefore we were able to make the most out of our visit, and with everything in walking distance, we were able to get our exercise too! We travelled with another couple and I can honestly say that all of us recommend the Auberge The King Edward."
- "This is one the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in, and certainly had the most charming and interesting host. Richard is a multi-talented connoisseur of art and antiques. Be sure to examine the superb paintings and photographs on the ground floor, and ask to see his travelogue of India, which highlights Richard's gift as a photographer. Breakfast was excellent, our bed was comfortable, the water was hot for our showers. The house is close to everything downtown, and best of all, parking was free. Thanks very much for your hospitality kind sir, we shall return..."
Over 600 comments from past guests can be found the following website of TripAdvisor.